My imaginery net gen empeg/oem would be the following

Take one empeg add a dash of ipod, a sprinkling of face off unit stir in a little phat box and finally a large dash of DAB

bake slowly and garnish with the ever so good empeg software

What you would end up with is an empeg with a face off front but here is the lovely trick up it's sleeve. In the face off is a small hard drive in it containing the playlist database and also having some space on it for transferring files. this would then pop into a small cradle connected to your pc so you could transfer files to your player. Now the ipod bit come in here also in the face off is a battery charged off your player unit which powers a small mp3 player built into the face plate. You choose what songs you want to sit on it or your favorite tracks can automatically be dropped onto it from the main hard drive in the car unit which would be about 60gig

Now i might even swap my empeg for that but i will say the current set up with a pull out is about the best solution for me and the way i use the empeg.