On the 6th, I ordered a 10gig (long after they reported out of stock), and on the 7th I ordered a tuner (again, long after the e-store indicated out of stock). Checking the order a couple of days ago actually gave me tracking numbers for both, which kind of surprised me. After reading more posts here though, I was convinced that the two packages were a Rio Volt and a Rio 64 meg card.

Today, the packages actually came. The small box was an actual tuner. The large box was not the 10gig that I ordered, but one of the older 12 gig models in the old white empeg box (with a Rio sticker affixed).

My joy at receiving them was somewhat muted though when I noticed there was no remote in the package. For any of you that have had similar problems, what would you recommend is the best way to rectify it? Do I contact the estore customer service, or somewhere else at Rio? Phone (next to impossible to get through), or email?

Also, since my unit is already fairly old (serial number 010101266), are there any known problems that my unit might have? My serial cable is correct, the tuner extension cable is wired up right, I've got an AR screen, and the knob stays sturdy so far. Anything else that I might want to check for?

-Aaron