Hi.

I just had a talk with a TeleAtlas representative by phone. This is the information he gave me:

• The TeleAtlas CDs that get sold for navigation systems are usually in Blaupunkt format, and TeleAtlas is not allowed to give those specs away, we would have to get in contact with the appropriate people at Blaupunkt and try ánd make a deal with them.
  • The MultiNet CDs that TeleAtlas sells are available, but they are under restrictive copyrights. Basically, you have to sign a contract that will cost a certain (to be negotiated) amount. I told him we were talking about a maximum of 1000 copies, and he said he would check that with his colleagues and come back to me via email by the end of the week.
  • For the MultiNet CDs, there is a developers license available, BUT it is very restricted: It only provides the data for a part of a larger country (like US, Germany, etc.) or a single country like the Netherlands, and only a license to use that for 3 month. This developer license is about 550EUR, which will be refunded if a contract for the use of multinet CDs is signed.
Ok, this much information for now, I will keep you posted.

A question to thos who would need to buy the data CDs, how much would you be willing to spend for them? And how many of you people really want to get a navigation system for the empeg.
The MultiNet data approach certainly won't be of much use if there are only a handful of people who actually want to buy these CDs.

cu,
sven