I'd be interested in a color display. As I brought up in another post, I was thinking about replacing the display in the MK2a with a color VFD. Although this would require major hacking, it might be easier to shoot the display out the serial port. But how do you convert the grayscale to color properly? Wouldn't it be possible to intercept the signal being sent to the display server and convert it into color? You can also add a set of buttons around the external display and shoot the commands back down the serial cable. This way you can mount the Empeg under the seat or in the trunk and run a remote display, a la the Neo 35 (http://www.ssiamerica.com/products/neo35/index.html). Maybe have an IR sensor in the wired remote so you can use the remote control too. This would be good for the reverse option too. Letting people in the backseat control the Empeg without crawling over the driver...or having to lean in to see the text on the face, not that this is really a problem, but it's fun to have a display in the back too.