ive got to agree with nils. i had one of those fancy kenwoods that has the MASK thing on it. when you turn the car off, the face opens out, turns around, and just leaves a blank face showing. in addition, if the head unit is interrupted from a power source (like when someone steals it), whenever it is reconnected, it opens up and will not do anything until you put in a 4 digit PIN that you set up when you first installed it. i thought that this was a good idea, but it dosent work. someone stole mine, and the PIN function does me no good. he got a useless radio, but i am still out a radio, and have to pay a $100 insurance deductible to replace it.

like nils said, any feature like that (pin/password protected) does you no good after the thief has already stolen the unit. he will either throw it out, or sell it to someone else who does not know about the security feature. those features only work when the thief knows beforehand that the radio will be useless. obviously, the guy that stole mine was ignorant of the security. all i can think of is making a little sign that explains that this radio has such a security feature, and if you steal this radio, it will be useless to you.

jeremy

oh, i wish i wish i had an empeg...