I have pressed and held all of the buttons down the only thing i get is the flashing blue LED that denotes standby, also when i press a button i can hear the hard drive spinning up but no display!

I am running Windows XP on a Toshiba Satellite 3005-S304 with Empeg 1.03.

I am supposed to be getting it installed Monday in my car, and I want to get it fixed before then, in case I need to send it back for another one.

*You say you loaded mp3s - how? Via serial, ethernet, USB?

I used the USB port to see if that would make a difference, it looks like it worked but i can't see the display.

*Did you upgrade the player, or are you using what was on it when shipped?

I am using it out of the box, the serieal cable I got with the unit doesn't work on my laptop, i might have to get one from the store later but i don't want to spend any extra money without some advice.

*Did the display show the Syncing + arrows when uploading mp3s?

No, the display has not shown anything, it isn't even slightly illuminated. Just a flashing LED that turns off when i touch any buttons.

*When you boot the player - anything at all at the display?

See above nothing no matter what i do comes up on the display but the flashing LED.

*Does the stand-by LED blink? Will it go out if you press the top button?

Yes that is the only thing that lights up and when i press anything be it the remote or the buttons on the player the LED turns off and goes off of standby I guess but nothing comes up when the LED turns off.

Edited by jakobstone (19/01/2002 09:24)