I have a 95 mustang which comes stock with an amplifier that works with the factory head. I replaced the factory head a long time ago with a Pioneer4100. The pioneer sounded really good, I had a conversion unit on the pioneers speaker outputs to convert it to a line level signal which allowed me to drive the amplifier nice and hot. I purchased the riocar empeg unit and figured I would make it my primary sound device and run the pioneer into it's auxilary inputs. After doing so the quality of sound went down the tubes. The first problem was overall volume. Apparently the empeg only has 4volt outputs? Which is just a bit shy of what my factory amp needs. I've been looking for a line driver "preamp" to boost the line level signal because I don't want to have my pioneer on just to listen to the empeg (due to making the pioneer my primary). But on another hand here.. The EQ on the empeg dosn't sound very good to me for some reason. I'm quite familiar with parametric EQs and at home at least, I get much better results flattening the empegs EQ and using the analog EQ of my home rig. Basically I'm posting to see if anyone knows where to find a decent line driver that dosn't have to be mounted in dash, perhaps a small unit to sit behind the heads inside the dash. And also, if anyone has had similiar problems with the EQ..

I kind of get the feeling that it would SOUND best if I did use the pioneer to power the empeg and use the pioneers EQ's.. I just didn't want to have two heads on to basically only use one....