Greetings!

I just took delivery of two of the wooden fascia (Maple Burn, dark stain) from Rob Vreeland (excellent work!!!) and four IBM 60GB hard drives. I will be updating two Mark 2As: one for permanent home and one for travel / office use. Each will have 120GB with custom fascia and lenses.

The drives were the Dell OEMed drives mentioned before, but they are the standard IBM Travelstars.

I am preparing the first one now, doing one at a time, and I will make notes as I do the install.

First impression: it looks like any standard Travelstar.

I am using the "Test builder image" dated 2001/10/22, and I will be loading 2.0b7 + Hijack. So far, the load of the builder image and the pump worked without incident. Builder made the filesystems without any visible errors or problems. Running the disk check now.

The drive had been stress testing for about 1/2 hour. I loaded 2.0b7 on it. No problems or errors. The player loaded nicely.

I will repeat this process for each of the new disks, and then get them set up in their final destination machines. I will then reload them with 2.0b7 and Hijack, and then I will do some test file loads. My bulk moves will be done with the clone utility.

I have just set up both machines, and tested. 120GB works without difficulty. Time to load audio!

More to follow in this thread as it happens, or as events warrant.

- You can never have too much disk space!

Edited by pgrzelak (23/01/2002 20:29)