I doubt it matters really, it won't be long before someone has a way around it. If a "normal" CD player can play it, then somehting like a Plextor with the right software will definitely do it, at least after the software has been written.

Besides, nothing's safe - I can connect my TV, CD player, record player, whatever into my receiver, and then those outputs to my PC's soundcard "line in". Next I fire up a program called "Total Recorder", and then play whatever it is I want to grab. Total Recorder makes a .wav file of ANY sounds coming into, through, or out of the PC, which can next be transformed via a range of programs into an MP3, .cda, whatever you want.

I spent a weekend about two years ago "burning" my records (yeah, vinyl) onto CDR's, very interesting hearing pops and static come out of the CD player on the way to work the next morning.

Now, if I can do this, someone smarter than me can figure out a way around this CD protection nonsense. I'm pretty sure that using this method I could do it right now, if I was actually interested in paying for that soundtrack. Someone mail me one and we'll find out!