Greetings!

The fact that your system even did a fsck is indicative of some other problem.

Actually, this is not the case. The only reason I did the fsck as a starting point was because of the locks on previous sync attempts. The player was hung, and I had to hard boot it. Given that it was midsync, I wanted to start from a known good point. I had the file systems completely clean before the last set of tests.

Emplode probably just didn't wait for the fsck to finish

During the last set of tests, there was no fsck run. (Trust me, my fscks are VERY noticable...) It just stepped through / over that step, into the "deleting old databases" step. At that point, it appeared to try and remount as read / write, and then hung.

For my current upload set, I have uninstalled hijack from both units (running vanilla 2.0b7), and they are working fine. I will reload hijack after the sync. Would the emplode logs be of any use?

I just tried tune uploads, playlist changes, etc.. with Hijack v178, and no problems whatsoever

Keep in mind, my players are kind of the extreme case in terms of disk capacity. I tend to find disk and player timeouts where no one else has problems. Ah, the price that we all must pay for additional space! I will try 178. Perhaps that was my issue.

Thanks!