Hi,

In reply to:

Hugo: Question on the extra knob on Mark2 (the one on the right) and Mark1 compatibility:

I suppose the knob it will generate 'remote control' characters in much the same way as the Mark1 from its 4 buttons or from the Kenwood remote. Suppose that BigJohn can build the new knob commands in his wired remote and transfers these via serial into Mark1, would Mark1 interpret them as if they came from the knob and behave as a Mark2 ???

(John, are you listening . . . . )

The knob is probably a rotary encoder with a push switch on the shaft? An interface could be designed that incorporated such a device and assuming serial commands were embedded in the player software to control the same functionality as the MKII knob, then yes. But I still think the Sony RM-X2S stick controller is the way to go for external control of the empeg MK1 & MKII. I'm testing mine in the car at the moment and will be looking at a product next week.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>