Nope. I still don't think you quite understand. (Actually, I disagree with you about what you just said if it's the same point you were making in an earlier thread.) Let me give a concrete example:
  1. Play a playlist that has, for the sake of argument, 11 tracks
  2. Set the player to not repeat
  3. If it plays all the way through the last track, it should pause with the ``End of Playlist'' message -- that's fine and what I expect
  4. If it's on track 10 and I press the right button, it skips to track 11 (obviously, but just to point it out to make clear)
  5. If it's playing track 11, and I press the the right/next button before it gets to the end, it pauses and displays ``End of Playlist''
That last part is what I think is wrong. If I pressed next while a song was playing, I cannot think of a situation where what I really wanted to do was pause. The thing is that it's not at the end of the playlist. I explicitly asked it to skip past the end of the playlist.

The point I'm trying to make is that nothing should make the player pause (or unpause) except for pressing the pause/unpause button. End of playlist on a non-repeat playlist should the only exception, because it should actually stop there, but there's no facility for stopping, and play and unpause at that point have the same function anyway.