New feature up at riocar.org...

http://www.riocar.org/lens.php

Also linked from the main menu at www.riocar.org .

Heading off any of the obvious questions:

- It only shows two on the screen at a time because I wanted it to take up less screen real-estate. Originally, I wanted to do just one, but Tom suggested that someone might want to do side-by side comparisons. Having four up at a time was just too huge, and it did not cover all the possible combinations. So the perfect compromise is to show two and let you pick any two to compare.

- Each time you click on a link, it should switch which picture it updates. So you will always be comparing the last two faces you clicked on (this should be obvious after playing with it for a moment, but I thought I should mention that here). Tom wrote the Javascript to do that (thanks, Tom).

- If the pics aren't showing up immediately, just wait for them to load. Might take a little while on dialup. If you're on Nutscape and are having trouble after resizing the window, just press the "reload" button and wait for the pics to come down.

- No, I will not be photographing any OTHER lighting conditions other than the three already listed. It was a complete pain in the ass just to get those done. It's more work than it looks like, trust me.

- If DarkStorm wants to send me a Smoke faceplate to photograph, I will include it in the lineup along with a link to order it.

- The short exposure time of the "sun" pictures shows up the flickering/wavering nature of the VFD refresh frequency. Instead of a gray line, you see a dotted line. This is because of the time-dither needed to produce the gray line combined with the short exposure time of the camera. Also, you will see that in the fullsun pics, the display has some areas that are dimmer than others. This is also due to the short exposure time, the display is of course uniformly bright instead of bands of bright/dim as pictured. But you get the idea.