Yes, after a meet would be a great time I would think for someone who's got a reputation enough that we'd trust to void the waranty on our empegs to earn a few bucks and a lot of goodwill. I'm a college student in berkeley and would be happy to volunteer my appartment as a support group for people who are about to start soldering the perfectly good display board of one of their most treasued posessions.

I'd love to have butons that light up at night, but I've only attempted two soldering projects, one of which being a compleet failure, and the other being dribbling solder onto the wires of the wiring harness durring my empeg install, so even if i was the last person on earth I wouldn't try this one myself.

Another Idea: I know there are places in San Francisco that do cell phone mods for a fee. From the discription it seems like these are fairly similar? Anyone know of any good places that might be willing to do this? What's gonna happen if they screw it up? Will the whole thing not work, or will you just loose the hope of ever having the Glorious Backlet Buttons?