Hmm, an odd bug today. I'm running 9b of course. The unit had been sitting on my desk in "sleep" mode for a couple hours. Prior to making it "sleep", I had been listening to a new album I'd just uploaded to it, and it had been working fine.

Well, I came back from the trip to the grocery store and pressed one of the track up/down buttons on the front of the unit and it began to play, picking up right where it had left off. But it was playing the audio very choppy, and the visualization was running in slow motion (at a significantly reduced frame rate, I mean). It was as if the unit's CPU was being bogged down by something- it was similar to the effect you get when you try to run Quake at high-resolution on a low-power computer.

I put the unit back into sleep mode and woke it up again: same thing. I thought there might have been something wrong with the MP3 file (it was new to the unit after all), but after selecting another playlist with known-to-be-good tunes, the same behavior happened.

So I pulled the power plug and forced a reboot. Problem went away and hasn't come back since.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.