I didn't realize it, but I synced a 3 meg wav file to the unit. The reason I noticed is because the unit became very unresponsive when it loaded the wav. Trying to skip to the next song or any other attempt just led to the unit giving a delayed beep or sometimes nothing. It seemed to not see some of the IR commands it recieved. The menus would work, but when trying to select another song to play, the unit simply sat there with the name highlited like it does when it's prepairing it to play. Serial output during this time was erratic, with it spitting out only some of the menu items I passed over. Trying to quit to a shell would immediatly blank the display and activate the LED, but the prompt didn't appear after waiting a minute. Trying to use emplode to delete the song didn't work, since the unit was going so slow. The only way I got out of it was to patiently use the front buttons to get to a single song and play it. This process took 15 mins for the unit to begin playing the new song. At that point, it became responsive again, and I quickly used emplode to delete the wav file to prevent the problem from happening again.

The player needs a way to know what file types it supports and somehow report back to the user that the file he tried to upload isn't a valid media file. I can see the same mess happening on any other file type, like a text file.

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/