Yeah, I'll be there and the car will be there. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Get that amp-channel issue worked out first, though.

For those who weren't there (i.e., everyone but me and Christian):

Christian bought the car with an existing CD player and amplifier. It also included the time interface, er, Alpine remote-controlled equalizer module. And for some reason or other, the wiring to the amp and EQ cause the left and right speakers to not be completely stereo-separated. When you fiddle with the balance control, it doesn't do what you expect it to do. It does SOMETHING but it doesn't fully mute the opposite speaker.

I didn't spend the time needed to solve that particular problem since it wasn't directly related to the empeg. I did verify that it had nothing to do with the empeg, then left it alone.

And Christian, I also realized (on the way home after the con) that it might have been a problem in the RCA cabling on the way to the amplifier. I don't think we fully eliminated that as a possibility. We eliminated the equalizer, and I thought it might have been the speaker wiring, but I don't think we plugged only one channel directly into the amp and listened that way.

It still could be the speaker wiring, so do check that. But if it's not the speakers, then check the RCA cables on the way to the amp.