tfabris, TheTwin314 - The box came from Supremetronic in downtown Toronto. It cost $12 Canadian! I have a feeling it's an old-time clock radio box (there's vents which look like a old school speaker)! The box came with both front & back solid plastic and I used a dremel/drill press to cut the holes. TheTwin314 I agree the fassia of the MkIIa matches the box almost perfectly.

jimhogan - The threaded RCAs came from the same store about $4 Canadian. The plugs are quite heavy when compared to the RCAs that Radio Shack sells.

The rest of the "gold" are brass screws.. hehe... But they match quite well.

Loren - The power/RCA was wired up as follows:

- From barrel connector on the back the negative went the negative of the wiring harness. Also went to the negative of the fan and LED

- The positive (centre pin) went to the "off" part of the switch.

- The "on" part of the switch, I soldered the harness Orange & Yellow wires (Constant power & ACC, Ignition on) and the 500 Ohm resistor for the LED. So when the switch is either flipped (my bro’s box) or pushed the LED comes on. I was actually thinking of buying a photo-resistor to have the MkIIa dim automatically when it got dark, but I couldn’t figure out the best way to wire it up.

- For the RCA connections I used a gold plated RCA cable from Active Surplus ($2) with the ends cut off, soldered to my RCA jacks.

- The docking cage is actually held in with industrial glue gun glue (it’s yellow and is damn strong)! The glue on the RCAs was just to strengthen them. You’ll notice that under the dock is a wood support with holes that’s to provide air movement under the player. When the player is removed from the dock after hours of play the entire player is cool to the touch.

- The variable resistor is soldered inline on the positive line of the fan it’s a 1K Ohm max resistor, in the back picture http://members.rogers.com/bwithers/large/Picture%20027.jpg you can see the little hole which allows me to adjust the fan speed. Which will probably have to be faster during the summer months.