can you play the list again and have it repeat?

Yes, I played the same playlist this afternoon, and exactly the same skip occured in exactly the same song. The error still looks to buffer underrun to me, as it only occures when two or more tracks are played before the track that fails. When only a single track is skipped back, or when the track itself is replayed, the error does not happen. Thus the fault is definitely not in the data, I believe. I couldn't reproduce it either by appending the subject song to a 'direct select' playlist - irrespective of the number of tracks that are played before the error is suppose to happen.

I'm still thinking of a buffer underrun, but it could also be related to Emma's difficulty with processing VBR files (almost tracks on my Empeg are VBR).

In playing around with the Emma, I've reproduced the error 6-7 times, always in the same original playlist. The pause happened 12-13 seconds into track 18 and lasts about a second. In playing around with the append mode I've lost the list. The track is still available, of course.

Henno
# 00120