I just wanted to kick off a thread specifically for discussing what we like or dislike about the new BBS.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. It seems to be faster (Paul, did you upgrade the server as well?), and some of the new bells and whistles are cute ("Who's Online", the new smileys, the ability to tag messages with icons, etc.).

I was hoping for a spell checker that would offer selectable suggestions, though. When I use the spell checker, it just flags me with what words aren't in the dictionary, but doesn't let me perform edits to those words on that screen. I have to hit the "back" button and edit the original message. Does anyone else get that, or is it just my browser's fault?

One thing I have noticed is the bug has been fixed which sometimes tagged your own postings as "new". I no longer have to do careful navigation stunts to avoid being faked out by my own messages. This is very welcome, and a big relief.

Those of us that used HTML tags in our signatures will have to do some editing to our profiles (unless Paul can find a fix for that, but I think that's probably a security measure which can't be reversed- if so, I understand).

I also really appreciate the fact that I can still log in with the same hand-tweaked URL that I'd been using for the old BBS (a URL which entered my password for me as part of the link). All in all, it's just the same BBS we've grown to love, but with more features. Great stuff.

Now, according to a message at paypal.com, they'll have their system up again by 2:15pm Pacific time and I can contribute my pledge to this new software...

Tony Fabris (http://www.jps.net/tfabris)
Empeg #144