The factory stereo in my Truck has Speed Sensitive Volume. It has a user selectable scaling factor. As you drive faster the volume goes up. I really like this feature because I do a lot of "drive fast then come to a stop and then drive fast again" kind of driving. And despite living in Houston Texas where it is mostly HOT and HUMID as $#@$@, I always drive with the windows down (and the AC on). The noise level goes way up when flying down the road at 60mph or more. The only real drawback is that my wife likes to drive with the all the windows up. Those ford fellows did a good job with keeping the road noise out. So when she drives fast the music blasts her out.

So my empeg wish is to use that Voice Recognition MIC to determine the relative background noise and adjust the played volume accordingly. I figure the VR software is already canceling out the audio produced by the empeg, leaving only the other sounds in the car (background noise and Voice commands). From there is is probably noise filtered (band limited to voice frequencies: 2K-5K i think). So the background noise level is probably relatively easily available.

Where am I supposed to mount this VR mic anyway?

Steve