Will the "attention button" have to be one of the buttons on the remote or front panel -- or will it/can it be a separate button that can be located at the user's discretion -- i.e., on the back of the steering wheel, or perhaps foot operated (good idea, Calvin the Cruel...)

I guess if it operates from the remote, then any button that can project the appropriate IR code would work, wouldn't it? That might make for an interesting option -- a wireless sticky-backed button powered by a watch battery whose only job would be to send the "attention" signal to the empeg. Maybe an optional repeater might be required (either a passive reflector or a powered slave unit) depending on where the button was placed... I'd be happy to pay extra for something like that.

What causes the 200-list limitation on playlist selection? Is that a 200 word limitation, or could I define 200 playlists with names like "Classical Music Piano Concertos by Mozart"?

How likely is it that VR capabilities will be defined by hardware limitations? Of course, I'm looking to be able to say things like "... empeg, please play a mixed selection of Baroque era music, with emphasis on late Bach, and maybe a little Vivaldi. Choose mostly bright, up-tempo works, with no harpsichords please." I mean, Captain Picard can do that, so why can't I? ;-)

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"