As said by Shonky:

Quote:
'Apart from what Rob said early in this thread, I haven't had any talks with anyone from empeg / SB regarding how feasible this is or whether they would even release the design'

I dont expect them to 'release' the design. Very few companies will release any tech they spent money on development. That doesnt mean it cant be done. We need
to do a few things.

1. Explain our purpose.

The main reason is in no way, shape or form for prohit.
We are a group of indivuals who either missed out on getting a tuner, had our original tuner break or want a
spare for 'just in case'. Just look at how many people have
spare Empegs. Explain we will be more then happy to show our cost and sale recepts.

2. Protect their design

Sure, they no longer make the tuner, but who says they might
not use parts of the design for a future product? We need to show some structure of how we are handeling the manufacturing and distrobution of the product and more importatly who will be handiling the design. Offer to sign NDAs and make sure ONLY the people who are dealing with
the manufacture have access to them. (pardon the spelling)

3. Mark those tuners.

We also have to design them in a way (casing, markings) to show these are NOT Sonic Blue tuners. I'm sure they dont want any headaches of people complaining about repairs to tuners they didnt build. Hell, mark 'em has ' Sonic Blue didnt make this and if you bought this on Ebay, you are an idiot'

4. Offer 'em a taste. (I know I'm going to get flack for this)

Lets face it, it's their design. Nothing talks like money. Offer them a small amout (2-5%), explain that this is FREE MONEY.
Again be prepaired to show manufacturing costs after they are built to them.

If we are going to do this, it's going to have to be a labor of love. The only profit for us is the ability to get tuners. There
is no other way short of reverse engineering the puppy (then we still would not have the right to do a mass run). If there is anything I can do for the effort, just ask. God forbid if we do this and I see one of these on Ebay......