I recently purchaed three empegs, and they are the coolest things I've ever bought, which is saying something! I plan to put one in each of my two cars, and use one for my home stereo.

Unfrotunately, it seems that the expected final run of tuners may not be produced because the number of people who can be contacted to buy them is less than originally thought. I realize that this is not anyone's fault but it's still a huge drag!

Even though I know that it's great to have hundreds of albums available in my car, I still listen to NPR and Cleveland Indians baseball games quite a bit. It would be a big sacrafice to lose that capability in my car.

I'm now forced to reconsider whether I should install my empegs in may cars or not. I know I could hook up a portable radio to aux inputs, but I hate to have such a horrible hack diminish the usefulness of such a wonderful device.

I would definitely buy 2 or 3 tuners if they became available. I would even pay a premium, but not $400!

I realize that I put myself in this situation. I also realize the beauty and elegance of the empeg and the fact that is a ground-breaking device. I'm just sad about the fact that many of us will never be able to buy a tuner without paying exhorbitant prices.

I'd be willing to do anything reasonable to help in the effort, but I'm a software guy, not hardware. Can anything be done, or should I accept that I'll never be able to get a tuner module for my empegs?

Mike