I was originally going to borrow my wife's laptop for the job, but then I realized that moving my main PC out to the garage temporarily would be just fine. It doesn't need to sit in the car, only the mic needs to sit in the car. I already have the PC outfitted for taking it to LAN parties regularly (handles on the case and monitor), so it's really no big deal to lug it out to the garage.

Aside: I've refined the system so that setup/teardown of my PC is just a couple of minutes each time I go to a LAN party. I have extras of every necessary cable packed into a backpack, so I leave the cables all plugged in at home and just take the pre-packed backpack with me. The only loose items I need to bring are the keyboard and mouse. The mouse drops into the backpack and the keyboard velcros to the side of the PC case. Self-powered speakers and cables/powersupply for the empeg are pre-packed in a gym bag. Everything has a handle, so carrying things to/from the car is usually a 1-trip deal (two if I'm tired). Last LAN party was a blast. Didn't think that Medal Of Honor would be fun in Deathmatch, but we actually had a huge amount of fun with it.