Whohoo. I got my player back.. Actually, I got a new one, with my old HD in it. All problems fixed, except for one, and I'm wondering if it's a HD issue (considering the player itself has been replaced..)

The problem manifests itself with HiJack installed (currently on 266). However, it does not happen as often, and now, I think I'm getting it narrowed down to when it happens.
First, a quick overview of what happens - the Empeg either 'misses' a keypress, or thinks a keypress is occuring. For example: In the HiJack menu, I have the knob press redefined to show details. When this 'wierdness' occurs, hitting the knob will switch info modes. (The default action.) Almost like HiJack misses it completely. Another example, hitting the > button to FF, and no responce from player for a while, then (either at a random time, or when I release the button), it will start FF'ing, and not stop until I hit a button again.

BEFORE, It used to happen 75% of the time. NOW, it seems to only happen when the HD indicator either has "W" by it, or has a bright center. All other times, now, it works fine. (Including using the HiJack http commands, AND the remote, AND the Aux-in.)

Also note, if I install a non-HiJack kernel, no issues. (Since I, too, work in Tech Support, I know this may be misleading. I may just not be noticing anything.)

And, as a complete aside, Whoa, I am glad I have it back. Thoes 4 weeks were hell. and this has been probably the BEST freakin' purchase I made in a looong, looong time.. Now I JUST NEED A TUNER. Aargh.

Me.