Thanks all for the strong approval that I have my head screwed on correctly.

tracerbullet:
There is an in-line fuse with that kit, and I gather it should be within 18" of the battery - so hopefully no fires!
The power wires only run near the RCA cables when the power cables traverse the car to the passenger side as the power cables enter the passenger compartment on the drivers side - I have not given up hope of finding a hole on the passenger side that would eliminate this X between the RCAs and power cables. For the most part when the RCA cables will pass on the passengers left and the power on their right.

acurasquirrel_
I am not sure what I'd gain from running fresh speaker wire. Yes I under the factory wiring is basic stuff and probably bears little resemblents to speaker wire, but routing it would be a large challenge. Is there that much to be gained from it? This is my first venture into car stereos so explain using small words and simple concepts so I can understand!

tanstaafl.
Thanks for the solid vote of confidents. I think my employer is to blame for my excessive on-the-fly planning, finally it is paying off!

One last question: Has anyone had the RCA connection to the sled become loose, or do the hold solidly enough? Just wondering if I should tape them up while back there.

Finally: If I get the chance I'll photograph and detail the install for the benefit of others - although I don't know if I'll have the patients to stop the install to snap a pic every few minutes!

Patiently waiting for a tuner to fall out of the sky.