Hello to all!

I am a admitted newbie to the Empeg world (have not even received my units yet) but I am very enthusiastic about what I see here and on the other great Empeg sites.

I don't know if the fire sale earlier this year has swelled the community/projects but I am blown away at the support and killer things you all are doing - I hope to dive in with all my spare time (an admitted extremely rare quanitity).

BTW - Tony - just to make sure you get your deserved Kudos from a *real* newbie the FAQ rocks! I would say one of the best I have seen done!

Wish me luck in acquiring a few Empeg beasts and I will quickly be ripping the Blaupunkt San Jose MP3/WMA CD head unit in my Vette to put in a spanky Empeg.

While I was spending all my spare time doing a killer custom install (had every piece of trim and carpet ripped out of the car) around Xmas for this HU I should have pulled my head out of my a** and snagged some of the fire sale units...

Oh well - would not have got here if not for the dedication of the Empeg folks and people that paid *real* money for their babies...

So - see ya'll around but I can't finish without at least one newbie question that I could not find any FAQ entries or posts for:

Anyone recommend a "stopgap" tuner solution for now (i.e.
a small AM/FM radio/CD player with:
- preferably small remote control with backlit display
- and line out until (kudos to pca!) us tunerless folks can be sated a better way!

I can't bear to pay what the Ebay slaughter has been for the real tuners - at least paying double the fire sale for the Empeg units is still reasonable cost for such a fine beast.

I was looking at this Panasonic unit which is close to my needs:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-gwHLjVAqvD7/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=7&g=34200&I=133SLCT489&o=m&a=0

- not clear if it has line out (although I could just set the volume as it is going under a seat hopefuly never to see daylight except for the occasional CD or my wife's passion for NPR). Space is at a premium in my wheels! I was hoping to get something cheap as it reallty will serve a small duty cycle...The CD ability is optional but I figure if I don't get it I will be out in BFE and find a killer CD that I want (or have a friend) and need to get some tunes off the "other kind of platter"...

Let me know if you are a tunerless shmoe like me and have got a portable solution with remote that rocks!

-Walt