It worked fine in the home but not in the car. I took it back into the house and resynched it and it worked in the house. I put it back in the car and it still didn't work. I said heck with it and went to work. On the way there I kept taking it out and sliding it back in. Finally it worked after taking it out a few more times. I remembered the v2.0b11 "20min" bug and after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that it started working around 20min from the first time I saw the error message. Coincidence?

So, once it started playing, a few minutes later it started hiccuping, like it was a bad MP3 file. Although I know for a fact that that particular file wasn't damaged. It also happened on the next song. And when I tried to fast forward, the buttons were frozen. So I guess I hit another "20min" bug. I pulled it out again, it rebooted, and it was fine for the rest of the day, except for the usual intermittant remote control response.

I think I just got a lemon and I should send it in. But I don't know if I can go without my baby for more than a day. What's the typical turn around time?

To summerize my bugs:
  • The screen in "Track: Info" mode is dimmer than the rest of the modes
  • Intermittant responding to the remote
  • Occasional "No hard disk found, Contact support" message in car only
  • Occasional song hiccups and button freeze
  • Vertical "shadows" cast by digits on bottom level of screen

Other than those it's running great!

-Cheers-
  • _________________________
    http://www.ubernet.org/