Hi,

I successfully put an ARM toolchain together this weekend by following the instructions in the FAQ. I then downloaded the Hijack kernel to compile, applied all patches and compiled.

The first problem was the lack of information on exactly what to compile in and what not to. I think that I have got most of it right and my .config file is attached.

Unfortunately the compile stops after a time with the following error on final linking:

arm-empeg-linux-ld -p -X -T arch/arm/vmlinux.lds arch/arm/kernel/head-armv.o arch/arm/kernel/init_task.o init/main.o init/version.o \
--start-group \
arch/arm/kernel/kernel.o arch/arm/mm/mm.o kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o \
fs/filesystems.a \
net/network.a \
drivers/block/block.a drivers/char/char.a drivers/misc/misc.a drivers/net/net.a drivers/net/irda/irda_drivers.a arch/arm/special/special.a \
arch/arm/nwfpe/math-emu.a arch/arm/lib/lib.o arch/arm/lib/lib.a /home/richard/linux-v2.00b11/lib/lib.a /usr/local/armtools/lib/gcc-lib/arm-empeg-linux/2.95.3/libgcc.a \
--end-group \
-o vmlinux
drivers/char/char.a(rtc.o): In function `get_rtc_time':
rtc.o(.text+0x10ac): multiple definition of `get_rtc_time'
arch/arm/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x5dcc): first defined here
arm-empeg-linux-ld: Warning: size of symbol `get_rtc_time' changed from 608 to 568 in rtc.o
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Does anyone have any ideas? I have looked around at get_rtc_time and it does look a little strange since in one place it is declared void and the other unsigned long but am not sure what is right.

Thanks for the help!

Richard.

P.S. The empeg is the best car stereo ever!

Attachments
90267-.config (178 downloads)