I'm going through the same problem. but there is a solution for my case. i have always been under some sort of insurance ever since i was diagnosed with asthma. as long as you have never gone without insurance while you have been diagnosed with this condition and it is under a company health insurance policy, i believe that it is against the law for them to deny you insurance for your pre-existing condition. i will be on a new health insurance through my work starting on june 1st, and in a letter i received the other day they told me that they will not cover any pre-existing condition claims until june of 2003. as soon as my other insurance is cancelled i can request a letter form them stating that i have been on their insurance for x amount of years and that my pre-existing condition was covered. i then send this letter to my new insurance and by law they have to drop the pre-existing condition waiting period and cover all of my asthma expenses. I'm new to alot of these rules and laws, but i am pretty sure this is how it works out.
[blue]fitter, happier, more productive[/blue]