In reply to:

You had for a year and never installed it, no wonder you haven't used it much. Install it you won't regret it.

I appreciate your suggestion. I totally agree that empeg is superior to other head units. I had the empeg installed in my previous car and it was wonderful. However, I have thought about this a considerable amount of time and in my opinion, which of course is the one that matters most to me, I feel I do not need the empeg at this time and that I could put my investment in it to better use.

Some of the reasons I have opted not to install the empeg is because of my current vehicle, of which I initially considered the possibility of installation here. It would be considerable work and money for me to come up with a solution that I would be more pleased with than just leaving it alone. Even if I had the empeg installed, I am not sure that I would use it as much as you think. We have a couple of decent radio stations here and I like to hear new music without having to invest and expand my personal collection. I only drive 10 minutes one way to work each day and probably average around 8K miles a year. I am a person who does not like to hassle with things, and to me, it was too much to have to carry the empeg in and out of the car everytime I wanted to make a trip, especially in the winter. The only solution I would probably be happy with is to have the empeg feed into an existing head unit so that if I did not want to bring it with me, I would still have music. However, there is no good place to put an extra head unit in my car without replacing/relocating the factory unit, which I did not want to do, so I have decided I do not need the empeg. I used it regularly for close to a year in my old vehicle and enjoyed it, but I also did without it for the last year and learned I could do without. For these and other reasons, I made the decision to sell it. My reasons for doing without it may seem silly to others, especially those on this board, and I know there are workable solutions, but everyone is different and financially it made more sense to me to sell. I hope to find someone who will enjoy and benefit more than I will from the use and functionality of the empeg.

Regards,

Duane