In reply to:

Both are not under my control, so I can't say much about those. The shipping cost highly depends on the weight of the harness, which I can't tell right now. I assume that harness + packing will be somewhere between 200 and 500gr (between 1/2 and 1 pound apporx.). If this is right, shipping costs from me to anywhere else won't be below 4$ and won't exceed 12$ as far as I can tell so far.

I can give you these figures for the existing Empeg sled harness David (At Empeg) just sent me a week or so back:

The original Empeg harness (according to a set of accurate kitchen scales I have), weighs 150 grams, which includes heavy items as:
Empeg connector [male], which is screwed into the back of the sled,
filter/fuse 'box', RCA leads, RS232 serial lead, ISO connector socket & tuner connection socket.

In the package that David sent the above harness to me [packaged in a Mail Lite 'D/1' A5 sized bubble pack - which weighs 25 grams], the total weight was 175 grams.

The postage from the UK to New Zealand by Airmail was UKP2.10.

As postage from the UK to NZ is about the 'worst case' scenario postage wise this will give you some idea of what the postage should cost.

Of course the sled harnesses being made by Shonky may be heavier than the Empeg ones - but this could be a useful yardstick for comparison.

I would expect the majority of the cost to be the harness itself and not the postage due to the labour intensive process making a harness will require.