Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#100677 - 02/07/2002 08:43 Re: Received Confirmation from digi-key - Connector [Re: Neutrino]
nt4show
new poster

Loc: Califonia
thanks for the added advice with the connector. I ordered three this morning. apperently this is a new part for this company and they do not have many in stock (connectors ie.) they showed 9 left at the time I ordered. So I am patiently awaiting the connectors to arrive.

Anyone have any info on where I can get a empty can that will fit the empeg? I may need to find a old pullout if no ideas come up.

Rob

#100678 - 02/07/2002 09:10 Re: Received Confirmation from digi-key - Connector [Re: nt4show]
lockuplever
enthusiast

Loc: Tucson, AZ
What ever happened to all of the sleds that were sent back to empeg because of the upper lip not being present? I know that I have personnaly sent back 2 after David sent me the correct ones. Are they being repaired, or just sitting on a shelf somewhere? They would probably be fine for home use.

#100679 - 02/07/2002 22:52 lip on can [Re: lockuplever]
nt4show
new poster

I wondered on my empeg why there was no lip on the upper edge, I though that was a normal thing. Is there suppose to be a lip there? I have the MK2. It should still be under warranty, I bought it in Dec 2001. but ifthey say they are all out of these cans, then what would they even do? Fix it? I would be fu*&^d if they lost it or it got lost in the mail.

Rob

#100680 - 02/07/2002 23:02 Re: lip on can [Re: nt4show]
lockuplever
enthusiast

Loc: Tucson, AZ
email David immediately [email protected] he may still have a blank he can send you. If he does, you will need to swap the connector with the wiring harness yourself. 2 screws, no big deal, then send your old sled back to sonicblue.

#100681 - 10/07/2002 01:00 Re: Received Confirmation from digi-key - Connector [Re: Neutrino]
nt4show
new poster

Well I was very happy with the turn around time from the company. I had ordered my parts from them on July 3rd in the morning and I had received them alreay by July 5th. What a suprise and a huge relief since I did not have an extra can or connections for another vehicle. Now begins the task of finding a few cans to build up. Luckily I have the needed tools (crimpers) at my work which I have used in the past on other automotive connections. Hurray for getting these part numbers out to all of us again

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2