Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#1018 - 14/12/1999 12:25 Waiting Queue
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Rob --

How far up the waiting queue have you gotten? Are all of the "Mark I" units now allocated? How many did you make? Not that it matters, but I am just curious (masochist, I guess) to know how close I (#8741) came to being offered an empeg before production was halted in preparation for the "Mark II".

Thanks...

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#1019 - 14/12/1999 17:39 Re: Waiting Queue [Re: tanstaafl.]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
We got up to registration 6500 and manufactured 400 players. There won't be any more Mk.1 players after the last few have shipped (which should happen by xmas, and yes, they are already allocated to clients).

This doesn't mean that clients just above 6500 will be contacted immediately the Mk.2 players are ready. First, we'll contact existing owners and offer them a deal on the new player. Then, we'll work through the defferals list (several hundred likely-to-buy leads) before contacting new clients.

At some point we'll try to make contact with the clients that have changed email address since registering (we got a LOT of bounces due to closed accounts) but that's not a priority - we'll work through the entire contactable queue first.

The next batch will be 1000 units, and we expect to continue to manufacture approx 1000 units per month from there.

Rob

#1020 - 14/12/1999 19:55 Re: Waiting Queue [Re: rob]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Thanks, Rob. This was exactly the information I was looking for. No, it won't get me my empeg any faster, and that's all right. It does give me some idea of a timetable, and will allow me to plan accordingly.

Thanks again...

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"