Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#10284 - 29/06/2000 12:28 [email protected]
jfranke

Little OT but I thought you guys might be interested, this is for european folks only. On Eutelsat Hotbird 11,054 Mhz-H-5/6 you find NBC Giga TV (german computer geek kind TV), via this channel there is the radioMP3 broadcast.

This is a streaming application sending unencrypted, full, ID3tagged 128K MP3's to your disk, mostly out of the top40 range, 24hrs a day for FREE. On weekends there is club stuff, in the afternoon the bradcasting full CD's from a to z including cd-cover bitmaps. www.musicplay.de sorry, german website.

Since it's a german thing, it's probably not much known outside, but it's worth if you have sat gear and you can get hotbird. I don't know why it's legal, but it is, in germany. My disk is constantly filling.... J.

#10285 - 29/06/2000 16:23 Re: [email protected] [Re: jfranke]
tadzio
journeyman

Loc: Munich. Germany
It's also available via cable on NBC. And it is legal - they officially and properly registered as a radio broadcast station, so they have the same rights as any other radio station to "air" whatever they like. Of course, they have to pay the GEMA (German equivalent of the RIAA) for each song. Under German law it's even legal to store what they broadcast on HD, burn it onto a CD and give the CD (for free) to your friends - all of this counts as "personal private use".

Daniel