Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#107973 - 29/07/2002 06:26 Info menu order change
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
I notice that 2.0b13 has changed the order of the Info menu. Previously, the items were in the order that the "Info" remote button cycled them, with the current mode highlighted. I liked this; it was easy to navigate to the desired mode without looking.

Now they're in alphabetical order, and I can't work out any system to what's highlighted. This means I need to look at the menu to change the info to what I want (or use the remote).

I think this might be related to

Fixed: Visuals "by name" not alpha sorted (#1772)

While I like the new arrangement of Visuals/By Name, I don't think that alpha-sorting the Info modes is a good idea, perhaps because there are only six, so jumping by first letter is less useful there. Is it possible to get the old info behaviour back without losing the fix for the visuals menu?

BTW, thanks for the change to the timezone menu to allow jumping by first letter, and remembering previous selection. I didn't see the latter mentioned in the release notes, but it's appreciated.

#107974 - 03/09/2002 10:54 Re: Info menu order change [Re: tms13]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
^^bump^^

I don't like this new behavior at all... I liked the old order "Off, Line, Transient, Track, Now&Next, Seek" I think it was.