Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#113360 - 27/08/2002 17:57 Backlight ioctl calls acting funky.
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
Calls to the display hardware for backlight settings seem to give undesirable results ... I can do a ioctl((DisplayFD), _IOW('d', 11, int), 0); to successfully turn off the backlight, however from that point on, I can't get it to come back on again. For the states I've tried 1-4, all to no avail.

We're using this as a screensaver type feature, and I'd definitely like to keep it around, but for the life of me, I can't get the damned thing to come back on.

Greg

#113361 - 28/08/2002 05:51 Re: Backlight ioctl calls acting funky. [Re: grgcombs]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Probably some kinda interaction with Hijack. Hijack now has the option of powering down the display (it's not actually a "backlight") as the screensaver action. While hastily adding this code (a user needed it for a flight to europe two days later), I recall something about thinking it might break interactions with userland apps.

Then again, maybe your code is just conflicting with the player application?

#113362 - 28/08/2002 07:51 Re: Backlight ioctl calls acting funky. [Re: mlord]
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
The code I'm working on *is* the player app on my machine. As for it being hijack, this is certainly a possibility, as both machines I've attempted this on have hijack installed.

Greg