Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#113568 - 28/08/2002 15:33 Jaguar Installation?
skeeter
stranger

Hey gang,

Anyone ever put an empeg in an XK8? I have a '99 and am toying with the notion. It has the upgraded HK system in it now, and I'd rather leave that in and figure out a clever way of adding them empeg as a second source. Any hints as to how I could pull this off? Does the Harmon Kardon have a line in? Otherwise I guess I could hunt for a cable to replace the CD changer or something.

The glovebox looks like a suitable donor space, that with the remote might do the trick, what do you all think? I really don't want to clutter the clean interior with too many gadgets, I'm going to put my gps in the center console (fold away), so that's out...

Any hints appreciated! I'm already aware of a place that makes CD changer in converters (i.e. it tricks the deck into just taking RCA ins). I'll donate my soon-to-be unnecessary tuner if anyone comes through BIG TIME for me on this (photos, diagrams, etc); )

Skeeter

#113569 - 29/08/2002 17:52 Re: Jaguar Installation? [Re: skeeter]
mrfixit
enthusiast

Well you could use a rf modulator like this or this some people say that they dont sound good, I have used them and they sound as good as what your fm stations sound now. This would probably be your best bet for now. Ummmm..... OK where is my tuner he he he

Actualy I really could use a tuner I am putting my empeg into my 84' jaguar xjs and I would like that option. Oh and yes it still has the v12 in it.

Edited by mrfixit (29/08/2002 17:58)
mk2a 40gig blue no illumination....yet
hijacked