Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#11903 - 25/07/2000 17:57 program to create the custom logo
KoS
stranger

Loc: Switzerland
hi all...

i've coded a small program (in VB ) that creates from two bitmap files the binary file that you have to upload/download to your empeg with your compiled version of download.c. any suggestions or questions are welcome!

try it out and get it here http://www.kos.li/empeg/convert.exe

dont forget that the bitmap files have to be in the right format 128x32x4bpp.

if you use the "color decrease" option than the color's of the color palette are 'mapped' as follows:
color #0-3 ---> color #0 on empeg
color #4-7 ---> color #1 on empeg
color #8-A ---> color #2 on empeg
color #B-F ---> color #3 on empeg

greets
KoS

#11904 - 25/07/2000 19:07 Re: program to create the custom logo [Re: KoS]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Sweet! Worked for me! Thanks!

OOO, Wish list time!

- Option to vertically flip the pixels in addition to inverting the colors? Mine came out upside-down when I did it, and I had to flip it in my paint program for it to work right.

- Remember the last file names entered in the three filename boxes?

- Incorporate the downloading code with an option to choose the COM port from a drop-down list?

#11905 - 26/07/2000 05:59 Re: program to create the custom logo [Re: tfabris]
KoS
stranger

ok.. have added some of the features...

> - Option to vertically flip the pixels in addition to inverting the colors?
> Mine came out upside-down when I did it, and I had to flip it in my paint
> program for it to work right.
i've had the same problem.. added options to flip the pictures...

> - Remember the last file names entered in the three filename boxes?
filenames and selected options are now saved.

- Incorporate the downloading code with an option to choose the COM port from a drop-down list?
that would be the next step to do ... the problem is that my program is in basic and the download-tool is a c-source.. i've somebody has the time to edit the program so that you can select the COM-port from the command-line and i would the integrate it, so that the download.exe is executed from inside my program.

let's have fun and download the new version (0.8) from http://www.kos.li/empeg/convert.exe

sorry hadn't have time to add more features... perhaps this evening or so... we'll see...

thanks for replys and feedback !

KoS

#11906 - 26/07/2000 11:22 Re: program to create the custom logo [Re: KoS]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Cool, I just tried it out. Worked great. I notice that it also remembers the states of the check-boxes. Nice.

One super-minor nitpick: The first time I ran it, the "invert colors" and "color reduce" check boxes were defaulted to "on", causing my image to not work the very first time. After unchecking those boxes and re-doing it, it worked fine. Perhaps those should have defaults of "off"? Or maybe not... I don't know if other people create their source images in such a way that those boxes are needed. What about you? Do you need those boxes off or on when you use it?

In any case, after turning off the check boxes, it remembers their state, so it's no big deal.

#11907 - 26/07/2000 11:33 Re: program to create the custom logo [Re: tfabris]
KoS
stranger

okay... have changed the default settings...
http://www.kos.li/empeg/convert.exe ..version 0.81

would it be useful if you can choose the invert-function for each of the two bitmaps (car/home) ?

#11908 - 26/07/2000 11:39 Re: program to create the custom logo [Re: KoS]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

okay... have changed the default settings...

Thanks! And I'd like an order of potato skins and a margarita, please. Make it snappy.

would it be useful if you can choose the invert-function for each of the two bitmaps (car/home)?

Hmmm. Not for me. I dunno about anyone else, but theoretically, anyone supplying the bitmaps would have created them both in the same format and therefore would need them to have the same parameters applied. I thought about that when I saw the "flip" option being separate for the two- seemed kind of redundant to me.

#11909 - 27/07/2000 06:04 Re: program to create the custom logo [Re: KoS]
bobo

if somebody wants to change the empeg-logos under linux/macos / etc. here is a java prog:

http://www2.fh-harz.de/~u15097/empeg/empegLogoEdit0_2.zip