Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125313 - 13/11/2002 02:25 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: canuckInOR]
Anonymous
Unregistered

except for the assault rifle thing

This gun, Olympic Arms SM-1, is illegal to manufacture under the assault rifle ban:

That gun has been modified and renamed to Olympic Arms PCR (Politically Correct Rifle) and is legal to manufacture under the assault weapon ban:

All they did was change the name and remove the flash suppressor and bayonet mount. I wonder how many murders there were in 1993 from people being stabbed by bayonets....

#125314 - 13/11/2002 02:28 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: canuckInOR]
Anonymous
Unregistered

given some of the inflammatory things he's done in the past

Like what?

#125315 - 13/11/2002 04:47 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

here is an interesting tidbit I found:

"police accidentally killed 330 innocent individuals in 1993, compared to the mere 30 innocent people accidentally killed by private citizens who mistakenly believed the victim was an intruder (Lott, 1994)."

#125316 - 13/11/2002 23:49 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
This gun, Olympic Arms SM-1, is illegal to manufacture under the assault rifle ban:
[pic]
That gun has been modified and renamed to Olympic Arms PCR (Politically Correct Rifle) and is legal to manufacture under the assault weapon ban:
[pic]

I'm not saying the laws make sense. I think the second should be banned, as well. I have difficulty believing that there is a legitimate use for the PCR -- if you need one as a hunter (which is the only explanation for having one I've ever heard), you suck... find a new hobby. I don't think using that kind of weapon for hunting is much different than dynamiting for fish.

#125317 - 14/11/2002 00:06 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
given some of the inflammatory things he's done in the past

Like what?

Sorry... that should have read "said", as opposed to "done". I was referring to your alter-ego Yz33d, who, IIRC, had a habit of making rather inflammatory comments to the point of making a good many people here ticked off. It's less a function of content, as it is the attitude the posts appeared to be made with, but it's enough to make one wonder if you have the level of responsibility/even-handedness that I desire in a person carrying a gun.

#125318 - 14/11/2002 06:52 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: canuckInOR]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
``Done'' works, too. Like using attachments on the BBS to feed a different web site, hacking the BBS to show odd things in his handle/avatar, hacking the BBS to display non-standard stuff in the ``Re:'' field, and writing a robot to auto-reply to posts, for examples. I'm sure there are at least a couple of others, as well.

All of these things, in addition to just general rudeness, to me, show a lack of respect for his not-so-adopted community.

#125319 - 14/11/2002 07:26 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: peter]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
The one thing worst than a hereditary autocratic monarchy

.....is Tony Blair? - but what else do we have!

#125320 - 14/11/2002 08:52 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: boxer]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

I imagine you could get Maggie Thatcher to come out of retirement, as long as you could promise her that she could run the country down the toilet again.

#125321 - 14/11/2002 09:21 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: wfaulk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"in addition to just general rudeness, to me"

I've never been rude towards you. On the other hand, you've always been rude to me. In fact, I challenge you to find a post where I've been rude at all to you. Of course, you'll probably reply saying you don't have time for this, but if you're going to make accusations, back them up. I bet I could find half a dozen direct insults from you to me within 10 minutes.

EDIT: ok, I see your comment just mentions "general rudeness" and not specifically directed towards you. But I still challenge you to find a post where I've been rude to anyone.

Edited by d33zY (14/11/2002 09:26)

#125322 - 14/11/2002 11:39 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

You've been rude to the community by hacking the forum, if nothing else.

#125323 - 14/11/2002 12:20 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: wfaulk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You include "hacking" in your list of my 'doings'. Then you mention, "in addition to" that list, my "general rudeness". You being a very grammatically correct person, the obvious conclusion would be that you meant the content of my posts and what I've said to you and other members. I highly doubt you will be able to cite any instances, whether by your own choice or simply because there aren't any. If you would like, I could find all of the direct insults and "rudeness" made from you to me.

I'm sure you will decide to just brush it off or not respond at all, but maybe next time you'll remember to look at yourself first before you think about making accusations on other people.

#125324 - 14/11/2002 12:52 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Well, this post offended me to no end. And does so even more now, for personal reasons. It was made without any respect to my obviously significant feelings about the subject (as I'd made a very long post arguing against something merely mentioned that was only a fraction as severe as what you said), and seemed to have existed solely to bait me.

That's merely the most egregious example fairly late into your Yz33d career. I could find more if I didn't have real work to do. I've wasted enough time on your punk ass as it is.

I've personally never made any clain that I'm not amongst the rudest people on the planet. I'm a big asshole, and I've stated it here before. However, I can seem to get along with people, at least until they offend me, directly or indirectly. And it's fairly easy to offend me. The fact that you are probably the only person on this board that I've come to despise speaks highly of the remaining members of this community and poorly of the lack of a killfile.

In general, though, remaining amongst a group of friends when you are obviously not wanted is rude in and of itself.

#125325 - 14/11/2002 13:17 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: wfaulk]
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
I hate to back him up, but that post wasn't rude. Just misinformed.

#125326 - 14/11/2002 13:20 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: lectric]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Not by itself. But the intention was rude. He was baiting me.

#125327 - 14/11/2002 13:24 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: canuckInOR]
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
I think the second should be banned, as well. I have difficulty believing that there is a legitimate use for the PCR

For the record, the reason the second ammendment is in the constitution is not so the people could kill deer really fast, It's so we have the ability to overthrow the government if the government becomes tyrannical or oppressive. If the military has machine guns and the populace has nothing but barrel loaded black powder muskets, where do you think the odds lie? However, If we BOTH have machine guns, and the problem is big enough for the people to mount a resistance to the military in significant numbers, things can be different.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I believe our government is pushing to that inevitability, it's just that should the need arise, I'd like to think that something could be done.

#125328 - 14/11/2002 14:09 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: wfaulk]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Three things pissed me off about that post.
1) it's utter nonsense, but we won't go into that again here.
2) it was made in a thread about one of my personal heros (not in his more destructive actions, but in his musical talents)
and
3) he was using the greatest cartoon/overall character of all time as his avatar. grrrrr.

#125329 - 14/11/2002 14:25 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: lectric]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

We've long since gotten past the point where open rebellion is legitimate in this country. It was tried 140 years ago and quashed. I'd like to agree with you, but I just don't think that it's relevant anymore.

#125330 - 14/11/2002 14:29 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: Dignan]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
It's always amusing watching someone try to persuade you that you're wrong to not like them very much.

Rob

#125331 - 14/11/2002 16:16 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: rob]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

It's always amusing watching someone try to persuade you that you're wrong to not like them very much

Um, I hate to say it but I couldn't quite follow that sentence. Anyway, just in case, I was mostly joking

#125332 - 14/11/2002 16:26 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: Dignan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Rob was agreeing with you, I think.

#125333 - 14/11/2002 17:28 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: wfaulk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That post was in no way trying to 'bait' you or attack you. I don't really care whether you like me or not, but I felt I had to point out your hypocrisy after your constant personal attacks, and I think your words show your real level of maturity. But I don't have any hard feelings toward you and never have, and hopefully you can just put that post and any other posts that made you upset behind you. Friends?

#125334 - 14/11/2002 17:32 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I think Bitt is very fond of you really - kind of like a favourite nephew. There's definitely some chemistry there and I think you guys could become the best of friends.

I love a happy ending.

#125335 - 14/11/2002 17:33 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Friends?
No.

You're an asshole and my life would be better if I never heard from you again. If you weren't trying to bait me, then you have everything to learn about decorum and sensitivity. My decorum is out the door.

BTW, mature people leave when they're not wanted. If you have problems with or questions about your empeg, I'll help. But otherwise, go away.

#125336 - 14/11/2002 17:35 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: rob]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Rob, you've watched The Odd Couple a few too many times, methinks.

#125337 - 14/11/2002 18:01 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: wfaulk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, mature people don't order others to leave simply because they don't like them. Mature people leave themselves when they don't like the situation. If it was your house, it would make sense. I reckon if we were in person in Drakino's bar, you could pick a fight with me. But then you might force me to excercise my 2nd amendment in self-defense....

If you want to know what I really think, I think you got some serious issues with yourself and you need someone to take your anger out on. In fact, I think you hope that I will piss you off so you can tell me how wrong I am. I hope someone on the internet that you've never met who you think might be 'baiting' you isn't keeping you up at night. You treat me like I've murdered your mother, yet in reality I've never done or said anything to you. I would reccomend seeking professional help and/or finding perhaps an unfaithful girlfriend or maybe a 'real' enemy to fulfill your perceptual dose of drama.

You know I've tried to make peace with you several times, but each time you refuse. Good luck, and I hope you can find peace with yourself.

#125338 - 14/11/2002 18:14 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

I'd argue that this is more my place than yours. I've yet to see you offer any significant constructive content. I'm sure there might be one or two. I also spout off all the time, but I've also at least tried to help people on a consistent basis, and I've developed a few applications for the empeg that folks seem to use.

And, to, I'm sure, your great disappointment, I never think about you while I'm not on this forum. Why would I? I post and read here because I enjoy it, not so that I can deal with pissants like you.

If you could read, you'd notice I never ordered you to leave. I've seriously considered leaving this forum, though, and I'm considering it again. I hope you're happy. I'm sure that's what you're looking for.

#125339 - 14/11/2002 18:39 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: ]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

in Drakino's bar, you could pick a fight with me. But then you might force me to excercise my 2nd amendment in self-defense....

So if he punched you in the gut, you'd open fire on him?

#125340 - 14/11/2002 18:45 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: Dignan]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
So if he punched you in the gut, you'd open fire on him?

I find it hard to advocate this, but I'm also strangely unsympathetic. Like, you could avoid the whole mess by not punching someone in the gut. This is sort of like criminals who get hurt or killed and then (they or their estate) sue. It's a shame the jury can't find the plaintiff guilty and cause the judge to remand for sentencing.

#125341 - 14/11/2002 21:30 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: wfaulk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Like I said, I have nothing against you, and I wish you well.

#125342 - 14/11/2002 21:37 Re: How scary is this ? [Re: Dignan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I don't think that would warrant killing someone unless I thought my life was seriously in danger, and I don't think it would even be legal unless my life or someone else's was seriously in danger.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >