Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12844 - 03/08/2000 15:31 shipping
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
just wondered if anyone near #1557 has ordered and received shipping conformation yet. i ordered my 12 gig player tuesday evening and have not heard anything about shipping. just hope it gets here soon.

for those of you who have had it shipped out already, any approximate length of time from when it is first shipped to when it arrives?

hoping it gets here by saturday so i don't have to sit through sunday without it, and then have to install it some night next week.

jeremy

oh, i wish i wish i had an empeg...

#12845 - 03/08/2000 15:45 Re: shipping [Re: jstrain]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Hi

As mentioned in the invitation email, only 12Gb Blue players shipped immediately. Other configurations are coming into stock tomorrow, so it's likely that your player will ship then. Worst case will be Monday, at which point we will have stock to cover all orders processed to date.

From this point onwards our supply-on-demand strategy should get pretty good. We can specify production ratios as little as 24 hours in advance, so even if we don't have a required specification in stock, we can get it with minimal delay. This is facilitated by daily deliveries from our manufacturer, and a fully automated shipping system into FedEx and TNT.

OK, I'm just showing off now

Rob

#12846 - 03/08/2000 15:46 Re: shipping [Re: jstrain]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
hoping it gets here by saturday so i don't have to sit through sunday without it, and then have to install it some night next week.

Doesn't that just SUCK when that happens? All too often I've had something from Crutchfield arrive on a Monday after I did nothing but sit around all weekend. We all know the scenario: You end up staying up late on Monday night working on the install, which is that much harder 'cause you have to do it in the dark with a flashlight. You want to just get it done, but your wife makes you take a break for dinner and forces you to spend some "family time"- the whole duration of which consists of you fidgeting and waiting for your chance to get back out there and finish it. Then at 10pm you discover that you're out of shrink tubing or you need a certain kind of connector or something, but Radio Shack has been closed for hours and you have to jerry-rig something just to get by until tomorrow. And finally, after all that work, you're finally done, but it's 2AM and you can't crank the thing up for fear of waking the neighbors.

Can I get an "Amen", brothers?

Not that it's Crutchfield's fault (or empeg's for that matter). It's just such a waste when it happens.

#12847 - 03/08/2000 17:34 Re: shipping [Re: rob]
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
oops. didn't notice that only BLUE 12 gig models shipped right away. i thought my green model would be also ship. pardon my poor proofreading.

so, as tony so eloquently peceived, am i relagated to installing my empeg at 2 am monday night, cramped in my miata with a flashlight hanging out of my mouth, or is there a chance that it will make it to Pennsylvania by saturday? please, please, please...

is it too late to change to a blue face to ensure it getting here by saturday? :)

thanks,

jeremy

oh, i wish i wish i had an empeg...

#12848 - 03/08/2000 17:37 Re: shipping [Re: jstrain]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
yeah rob - any chance of saturday deliveries? (for extra fees, of course..)
-mark

...proud to have owned one of the first Mark I units

#12849 - 03/08/2000 19:21 Re: shipping [Re: dionysus]
bmihulka
enthusiast

Loc: Lincoln, NE
My package had a saturday delivery sticker on it. Although it got held up in customs friday and didn't get to me until tuesday.

-Finally received my Mark2 no thanks to customs.

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-

#12850 - 03/08/2000 23:35 Re: shipping [Re: dionysus]
teemcbee
addict

You've been waiting for such a long time now! What does a single day more or less count?

(But I'm in a similar situation - Yes, it does count as we all know

TeeMcBee
Reg#948 - already ordered a Mk2.

#12851 - 03/08/2000 23:45 Re: shipping [Re: jstrain]
teemcbee
addict

...cramped in my miata with a flashlight hanging out of my mouth,...

I think we self-installers all know this scenario... It's totally dark, the car's cabin light is really not bright. In the one hand you are holding 5 cables and in the other hand you've got a screw driver or any other tool and in your mouth there's the flashlight. Sometimes it slips a bit and doesn't spot where you want and sometimes it falls down on the floor. But not without missing to shine directly in your eyes so that you see a bright dot everywhere you look for a while...

But isn't the best thing to connect the last cable, then connect the unit and try if it works - always with a small feeling of doubt if you 've done everything right to not blow up your new unit... No - you check it once again and then when you're sure you switch on the new unit... And it works And you remember back to the days when you have made your first install and you switche on the unit and after a short flash everything went dark - except the flashlight...

TeeMcBee
Reg#948 - already ordered a Mk2.

#12852 - 04/08/2000 00:44 Re: shipping [Re: teemcbee]
buts
journeyman

Loc: sydney australia
the wate is killing me by

#12853 - 04/08/2000 01:02 Re: shipping [Re: jstrain]
rob
carpal tunnel

I deliberately left out the Saturday Shipping option from the store. It costs a lot more, and if customs cause a delay you won't get it til Monday (or probably Tuesday as customs don't do much work at weekends). If it's late because of customs you can't get a refund on the shipping charge.

Rob

#12854 - 04/08/2000 01:04 Re: shipping [Re: bmihulka]
rob
carpal tunnel

> My package had a saturday delivery sticker on it

I don't think we stuck it there, unless we owed you a big favour!

Rob

#12855 - 04/08/2000 09:03 Re: shipping [Re: rob]
bmihulka
enthusiast

Loc: Lincoln, NE
>I don't think we stuck it there, unless we owed you a big favour!

I don't know who put it there, I just remember seeing a sticker that said saturday delivery and a picture of an airplane. Although I could have imagined the whole thing.

-Finally received my Mark2 no thanks to customs.

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-