Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#131765 - 23/05/2003 18:16 Re: Stolen players [Re: pgrzelak]
Joe Gorman
new poster

Loc: Oak Hill, WV, USA
no, the head unit was stolen too, and my car needed engine and bodywork. The full story of the car is pretty unfortunate, as I write this I'm getting ready to junk it even though I've just spent $6000 on it in the past 9 months. I've practically gone insane since I lost the Empeg, music IS my life.

#131766 - 23/05/2003 22:34 Re: Stolen players [Re: Joe Gorman]
suomi35
enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
I feel for you. My first player was stolen back in February and I was in some sort of music shock for about a month. I had become so accustomed to my entire music collection at my fingertips...even being able to know album/song/year at a glance and then BANG...nothing...

Hopefully you can recover your player or get a new one quickly.

#131767 - 24/05/2003 09:11 Re: Stolen players [Re: suomi35]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Ditto, i've been in a rental car on and off for the past 3 weeks due to my car being stolen... and i've had to listen to the friggin' RADIO and it's driving me insane. If it weren't for KPFA i'd go nuts.

#131768 - 24/05/2003 09:21 Re: Stolen players [Re: loren]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
had to listen to the friggin' RADIO and it's driving me insane

It is amusing. You get very used to it.

I had the car in for some repairs at the dealer yesterday. While waiting, I wandered around, looking at all of the new stuff they had. I wasn't horribly impressed, but I saw that they were now making XM a factory installed option for all of their models. One of the folks on the floor, who has seen me around before, asked if I had tried the XM demo they had and wasn't it the greatest thing in car audio. I could not help but laugh and tell him that it would be the first thing I would rip out of the car, and I the reason I was looking at the radio so closely was to see how I could do it...

I then explained about the empeg, and (after my car was done) gave another demo... One of these days, I really have to put together a demo playlist, just something that can show off what it can do. This way, I don't have to scroll around much...

#131769 - 24/05/2003 12:46 Re: Stolen players [Re: pgrzelak]
suomi35
enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Let me guess, the sales rep passed out at the number of songs you have!!!

#131770 - 24/05/2003 14:05 Re: Stolen players [Re: pgrzelak]
mwest
old hand

Loc: Ada, Oklahoma
i've been in a rental car on and off for the past 3 weeks due to my car being stolen... and i've had to listen to the friggin' RADIO
You should really look into an FM transmitter. Two quick varieties would be the I-rock and a Canakit transmitter. I own both so the pros and cons go like this. The Irock! is simple and small with that however comes rather weak output and it eats batteries quickly. The Canakit (hacked) can be used with a dc plug to power both it and your empeg. Its much more powerful and it has a larger broadcast range than the four choices of the Irock. The downside is that its larger and requires some sort of homemade case. I'd post pictures but I don't have access to a digital cam.

One of the folks on the floor, who has seen me around before, asked if I had tried the XM demo they had and wasn't it the greatest thing in car audio. I could not help but laugh and tell him that it would be the first thing I would rip out of the car, and I the reason I was looking at the radio so closely was to see how I could do it...

2600 had an article on XM and its problems this quarter.

#131771 - 24/05/2003 19:04 Re: Stolen players [Re: mwest]
Gazz
journeyman

Loc: Alice Springs - Australia
Michael,
How was the sound quality of that Canakit Transmitter?
Assuming you have the UK222 transmitter.
Thanks - Gazz.

#131772 - 24/05/2003 21:22 Re: Stolen players [Re: Gazz]
mwest
old hand

Loc: Ada, Oklahoma
The Canakit transmitter is great... I used it on my recent move from SC to OK in the moving truck. Very clear reception, although I can't really respond about the distance at which it will work... Mine is also directly wired to a 12 volt power supply as opposed to the battery pack that comes with which probably improved it a bit as well.

#131773 - 26/05/2003 10:01 Re: Stolen players [Re: loren]
Diznario
enthusiast

Loc: Portland OR
my car being stolen...

No!

My old empeg wasn't stolen along with it, was it? I hope not...

And I just realized... The whole reason we swapped units, was because you wanted an original empeg & sled, 'cause your last one got stolen. Doh!

I'm sorry man.

Damn... I'm sick of hearing about people getting their stuff ganked. WTF is goin on in this country?!?

#131774 - 26/05/2003 10:23 Re: Stolen players [Re: Diznario]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
"WTF is goin on in this country?!?"

Poverty and crank addiction?

-Zeke

#131775 - 26/05/2003 21:33 Re: Stolen players [Re: Diznario]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
My old empeg wasn't stolen along with it, was it? I hope not...

nah man, still got the empeg, but the sled is gone =[.

gives me a good excuse to order one of Rob's black sleds when they are done. It'll go nicely in the new WRX i'll FINALLY have in about 2 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2