Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#132238 - 02/01/2003 15:33 Re: Cloning. [Re: RobotCaleb]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Great.

What fun.

Undying Freaks.

Ted Williams will be excited though.

-Zeke

#132239 - 03/01/2003 10:37 Re: Cloning. [Re: muzza]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
Just as a followup, now "Rael" is saying he won't get genetic tests done on the baby after all and gave some BS reason for it. So yes, this was a hoax then.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/01/03/clone.claims/

#132240 - 03/01/2003 11:25 Re: Cloning. [Re: ninti]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, the worst thing about this whole situation, to me, is...

The news media played completely into this crackpot's hand, so the "major news event" that was plastered all over TV screens a couple weeks ago is all that the public remembers.

The fact that the news agencies are embarrassed about over-reporting a hoax and therefore won't "headline" the story about the Raelians refusing the tests, doesn't help. As well as the fact that the Raelians have now "stolen the thunder" out of the first-human-clone story, and when it really DOES happen (which will be pretty soon I think) it'll be under-reported instead of over-reported.

So even when someone does manage to successfully clone a human, when people think of "the first human clone", they're going to think of the hoaxing trouser snake Rael instead. What a scumbag.

#132241 - 03/01/2003 16:23 Re: Cloning. [Re: ninti]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
oh, excellent.

Will the public get a chance to see the baby soon?

"I don't think so," Rael said in the "Crossfire" interview.

At another point, he was asked if his group had simply gotten away with a great publicity stunt. Rael, speaking from Canada via satellite, said his earpiece was having technical difficulties.

"I am so sorry, but the sound is so bad. I cannot hear anything," he said.

He also said his Raelian movement is "completely separate" from Clonaid.

#132242 - 03/01/2003 17:23 Re: Cloning. [Re: ninti]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
They just had an interview with that crackpot on the Screen Savers. I'm sorry, but here's a judgement on another human being: that guy is f*ing nuts.

I still refuse to believe that if they did clone someone, there weren't a whole lot of mistakes along the way. This guy seems to have no problems with that.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3