Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#136937 - 01/02/2003 20:41 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: image]
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
ok, i've just had surgery 8 hours ago. i've been sleeping/having my eyes closed for most of the time since the surgery....

i'm here right now with the goofy protective lenses taped on my head, seeing much better than before, but not 100%. i have sharpness issues... which i'm told will be gone usually by tommorow. but overall, i feel good about the operation..

i handled the suction and flap part pretty easy because i was expecting it... but what took me by surpirse, and by far the scariest part of the operation was the laser itself.... it sounded like lightning, bright flashes, and you can smell something burning... layers of my eye. it was all painless overall, and since the anesthesia has worn off, it just feels like something is in my eye, similar to when a contact folds inside your eye and gets stuck somewhere in it.

i hope to start seeing better by tommorow.... what reassured me was that they had someone follow up on me just a few minutes ago... and the first thing i asked was that if it was safe to watch tv, read a book, or go to the computer.. he said just as long as you had your eyes closed/sleeping since the surgery, that i'm fine.

thanks to all that both reassured me and scared the living crap out of me. it prompted me to research a lot more than i have, and i know the dos and donts and feel confident of the outcome.

#136938 - 02/02/2003 00:34 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: image]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Sweet. Have a speedy recovery.

#136939 - 02/02/2003 02:33 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: image]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Wow! That was quicker than I thought it would be! Congrats on the ability to get through with it.

I think people have different results for immediately after the surgery, so what you are experiencing could be cleared up by tomorrow (today).

Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

#136940 - 02/02/2003 09:44 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: Dignan]
old hand

thanks guys...

the sharpness has gone better, but i'd say i'm still at 20/25 at the moment, but i'm sure thats going to become better. kinda worried that my short range sight will be gone (no more 1280x1024 resolution on a 17"monitor for me). but so far, its only been uphill for the first 24 hrs.

i've taken my first shower since... and they tell you not to get any water in your eyes... or else it will feel like soap is in them...

i've done that, but i'm left w/ a sticky strip on my face where the tape was... unable to fully clean it off because of the fear of water in the eye.

going to drive to my eye doctor again now for the follow up examination. i'll see you guys later.

#136941 - 02/02/2003 11:41 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: image]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

"Can you read me now?.........Goord."

Sorry....couldn't resist

I hope that it continues to improve.

#136942 - 06/08/2003 13:17 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: image]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Sorry to bring up the very old thread, but I wanted to find out how you were doing. We need a followup appointment

#136943 - 07/08/2003 08:59 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: Dignan]
old hand

oh, i'm doing fine. i had hella complaints about ghosting and my right eye not as good as my left eye (turns out i was seeing 15/20 with both eyes with contacts, and the right one degraded to 20/20 when i got lasik). but after i learned to keep my eyes lubricated, all those problems just went away. its been 6 months, and i would say that my eyes have healed fine. i put eye drops at least once a day out of habit, but i'm sure i can get away with a weekend without any problems. great decision i made to do this. i love not having to worry about contacts in the morning and when i sleep at night.

#136944 - 07/08/2003 10:13 Re: lasik eye surgery [Re: image]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Excellent! I've come to realize that I had the ideal outcome and that doesn't always happen (I could watch TV the night of the surgery, could see perfectly the next evening, and have been 20/20 since then). But I'm happy when it finally works out for people.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3