Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#140513 - 06/02/2003 23:06 Re: Mp3/Tag Studio 3.05 released! [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I registered Tag&Rename and don't use it anymore... A week after I started using it I found ID3TagIt which had much better support for multi-tag editing. The first tagger I tried was Tag Studio. But it chopped off the "/##" track# text portions from my 6000 tracks. Ugh. I haven't seen any toold to put that data back yet (automatically by checking how many files are in each folder or just letting me enter a # per group of files).

I just found Dr.Tag this past week and so far this seems like it's the best fit for what I consider a clean and VERY useful MP3 tagging interface. I have yet to use it for a large number of edits though. I like its presentation for multi-tagging though (similar to what I previously said was good about iTunes). Just wary about registering it to soon. I'm also evaluating the new version of Tag&Rename (I have a licence so why not)

Bruno

#140514 - 07/02/2003 05:05 Re: Mp3/Tag Studio 3.05 released! [Re: tonyc]
Magnus_Brading
stranger

Loc: Sweden
Thanks yn0t_, but there's still the legal issue. Also, integrating this Perl code into a compiled program is not very easy, so I'd probably have to rewrite it anyway. Thanks for the tip though, I appreciate it.

#140515 - 07/02/2003 05:07 Re: Mp3/Tag Studio 3.05 released! [Re: hybrid8]
Magnus_Brading
stranger

Loc: Sweden
hybrid8,
Mp3/Tag Studio supports extended track numbers in the current version. Only early versions did not support this.

Also, there's an undo-feature in Mp3/Tag Studio that can fully restore your files to the original state whenever the result is not fully satisfactory (although it's probably too late for that in your particular case now ). There is also a preview function, so that you can verify that the results of any operation are what you like, even before touching any single file.

Edited by Magnus_Brading (07/02/2003 05:11)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2