Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#145865 - 25/02/2003 20:48 Sharing: Multiple independant empeg outputs
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Triggered by ynot's posts in ICE, I had a wish for empeg. Prolly been posted before, but oh well. It's not a wish for me, but a wish for someone who SHOULD be driving the Volvo station wagon that I do; families.

Got to keep those kids occupied on the family car trips, right? So, have a way that the empeg can output multiple audio streams and receive multiple input streams from the different passengers in the car. Thin client VNC ternimals mounted in the seatbacks? Pipe the multiple audio streams from.... something software-based, right?

I don't know, just a thought. Get the audio and visualizations to those blasted whiney kids in the back seat so it shuts them up. And give them Wendy filters so they can't listen to your death metal or whatever.

#145866 - 25/02/2003 22:21 Re: Sharing: Multiple independant empeg outputs [Re: FireFox31]
TheAmigo
enthusiast

Thin client VNC ternimals mounted in the seatbacks?

Sure, mount your thinclients on the seatbacks, put the server that they boot from in the trunk, load up hijack and charcoalgrey99's xslt on your empeg and you're all set. But for all that, you might as well just run the LCD's in the seatbacks as local displays for the PC that's in the trunk.

#145867 - 26/02/2003 05:40 Re: Sharing: Multiple independant empeg outputs [Re: FireFox31]
tman
carpal tunnel

I guess you could hook a couple Rio Receivers to an empeg. At least they should be cheaper than a full blown thinclient but you wouldn't get the empeg visualisations. Also you'd need to hack together some software to drive them.

Only one thing, since you're streaming constantly you won't be able to spin down the HD.

- Trevor

#145868 - 01/03/2003 14:01 Re: Sharing: Multiple independant empeg outputs [Re: TheAmigo]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
So, it's possible, but, as always, I lack the time and energy to consider doing it. If nothing else, now it's in the BBS archives for someone else to find at some point. Haha, or for me to worry about when (and if) I have a family of 4 getting ready for a long road trip.

#145869 - 27/03/2003 01:24 Re: Sharing: Multiple independant empeg outputs [Re: FireFox31]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Get the audio and visualizations to those blasted whiney kids in the back seat so it shuts them up.
A roll of duct tape might be cheaper...