Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#145912 - 26/02/2003 09:21 Clock Startup Problems
holio
stranger

I use the Empeg as the sole head unit in my car and am pretty happy with it. I'll be even happier when PCA lets me know that he wants payment for the tuner (order number 38, thank you). I am having a recurring problem that I could use some help with, though.

I startup the Empeg in full text info mode with the visuals turned off. I keep the clock in the lower right hand corner because my previous head unit (factory) had the clock here and I now need a substitute. About once a week it seems, the clock startup seems to interfere with the boot process and hangs the Empeg. This resets the clock back to 12am and forces me to go and reset the clock freqeuntly. This is getting to be a real pain.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there, perhaps, a way to delay the clock's loading such that whatever conflict arises is averted? I am running software 2.0 beta 13 and Hijack. Thanks in advance.

Adam

#145913 - 27/02/2003 08:39 Clock Startup Problems [Re: holio]
holio
stranger

Bump.

No one has a suggestion? I find THAT hard to believe.

#145914 - 27/02/2003 08:48 Re: Clock Startup Problems [Re: holio]
tman
carpal tunnel

It would help if you posted in the bug report forum though!
I think it's a known problem and is fixed in the next release. Not much you can about it at the moment however apart from either put up with it or not use the clock.

- Trevor