Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#14631 - 19/08/2000 18:01 MP3 Cutter
alear
enthusiast

Loc: Montana, USA, Bozeman
I used to put a VCR in my car so I could listen to movies on long trips. Mostly my favorites so I have a perfect mental image of the movie as the audio plays. Now with the empeg I have recorded a few of the movies into MP3 using cool edit 2000. Doesn't take up any more room than a dozen songs at 128kbps. I would like to have chapters of the movie similar to a DVD audio soundtrack. This is going to fall under the gapless playback problem but I think from a different angle.

Most people have the problem of 2 MP3's not coming together properly. My problem is I would like to split a big MP3 into smaller ones without the gap. I have been saving the chunks from cool edit and using Tony's gapkiller to shave it down with pretty good results but not perfect and sometimes I screw up the saving. It's a very inefficient process because each time I save a chunk I have to wait for it to encode into mp3 before I can save the next chunk or "kill" the gaps.

What I am wondering is if there are any programs that will split and maintain no-gap results? Or at least split easier than saving and encoding each piece.

Alex Lear

#14632 - 19/08/2000 19:28 Re: MP3 Cutter [Re: alear]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Do an internet search on "mp3splitter", I think that's the name of the program.

#14633 - 19/08/2000 23:41 Re: MP3 Cutter [Re: alear]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
programs that will split and maintain no-gap results?

Tony in his post already mentioned MP3 Splitter (shareware).

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6