Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#146697 - 19/03/2003 00:23 Re: Palantir - Palm Ad-Hoc Playlist Creator [Re: cushman]
oliver
addict

yup, thats the exact problem i'm seeing on my palm 3, so it looks like your emulator is pretty good

Another thing i've noticed, is after i beam the first playlist, and i select some more songs, and beam again. nothing happens. i see on the com port IrLAP, no activity on link! everytime i click beam on the palm.

Another thing i would like to see is being able to toggle if your beaming playlist should be inserted/qued/replaced/etc...

And the last thing, which i've already asked for before i even tested the app. Is have hijack output the correct database structure on the fly, maybe in XML format, and beam it to the palm when palantir starts up first. This would really be an awesome feature My head hurts from going through 1500 songs and fixing the tags in excel . But anyways to streamline getting the database from the empeg to the palm, and up-to-date format without any/much user input should be the final goal I think.

#146698 - 19/03/2003 04:58 Re: Palantir - Palm Ad-Hoc Playlist Creator [Re: oliver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
He did mention getting Jemplode to export in the correct format shouldn't be too hard..

Once this gets going, this ap is worth the price of a cheap Palm itself!

#146699 - 19/03/2003 07:29 Re: Palantir - Palm Ad-Hoc Playlist Creator [Re: oliver]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
yup, thats the exact problem i'm seeing on my palm 3, so it looks like your emulator is pretty good

Ok, so you do see the fragmented titles, etc, when you scroll? I'll try to fix this.

Another thing i've noticed, is after i beam the first playlist, and i select some more songs, and beam again. nothing happens. i see on the com port IrLAP, no activity on link! everytime i click beam on the palm.

Did you set up the script to start up empire AFTER the player app has started? The player app will seriously interfere with IrDA communications. If you installed the shell script that is included, it should wait for 10 seconds before starting Empire, and you should see Empire start up after the player app in your serial output. If it starts up before the player, you will need to increase the time before Empire starts to say 11 or 12 seconds. Hopefully we can get a patch in Hijack that will exec programs after the player.

Another thing i would like to see is being able to toggle if your beaming playlist should be inserted/qued/replaced/etc...

Planned for this.

And the last thing, which i've already asked for before i even tested the app. Is have hijack output the correct database structure on the fly, maybe in XML format, and beam it to the palm when palantir starts up first. This would really be an awesome feature My head hurts from going through 1500 songs and fixing the tags in excel . But anyways to streamline getting the database from the empeg to the palm, and up-to-date format without any/much user input should be the final goal I think.

It would take way, way too much time to beam the song database to the Palm. The best way to do this (I've said this before) is to generate the .pdb file from Jemplode. This is why I wrote the conversion code in Java in the first place. XML is also no good to store on the Palm, because of all the redundant tags, storage space is very expensive on the Palm, especially if you only have 4MB of memory. The database now is all packed together, and my app finds things by byte offsets.

Why do you need to fix your tags in Excel? I just have to order, sort, and then convert, no manual fixing of tags. If your MP3 library is not tagged correctly in the first place, I don't think that Palantir will work well for you anyway, it depends on having all the tags present to work correctly.

#146700 - 19/03/2003 09:49 Re: Palantir - Palm Ad-Hoc Playlist Creator [Re: oliver]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Okay, try this version of the app. I think I've fixed the problem, but you never know for sure until you can test it on an actual device. This version should work on all Palm devices version 3.0 and greater.

Attachments
147387-palantir.prc (398 downloads)

#146701 - 19/03/2003 13:51 Re: Palantir - Palm Ad-Hoc Playlist Creator [Re: cushman]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
If exporting to csv displays the ID3 tag info and not the empeg database info, then we'll have to remind the empeg team of the "Feature Request" to have emplode update the id3 tags.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2